Thursday, December 17, 2009

What Am I Listening to?

I have been listening to band called Muse. They've been around for a few years, but they are new to me. Their newest album is called The Resistance. They are alternative rock in the vein of Marilyn Manson, Radiohead, or System of a Down. You may have already heard of them, since they get a lot of radio airplay.

What is interesting to me is how I discovered them. My 16-year-old was listening to them and I listened long enough to say, "Hey that is really good, who is it?" So I got a couple of their CDs from the library and it is good. It makes me wonder if my dad ever liked any of the stuff I was listening to as a teen in the 80's. He loved his music, and I loved mine. I remember getting a lot of those, "How can you listen to that noise" comments when I blasted Metallica and Iron Maiden. But we probably found some common ground in the classics (Beatles, Stones, etc).

At home, now that I am listening to Muse, it is probably no longer cool. That's how it goes. Maybe I will tell him I got the CD from the library and I don't know how he can listen to that noise.

1 comment:

Lynne said...

I don't know if it will increase your cool factor or not, but Muse was apparently Stephenie Meyer's inspiration for New Moon. She has made playlists to listen to while reading her books that heavily feature Muse.

Post a Comment